Rugby Australia chief executive Raelene Castle has ruled out the possibility of disgraced rugby league and former Toulon star Ben Barba from making a return to rugby union in Australia should he be banned from the NRL.
However, it all appears to have come undone for Barba, who will not be able to resume his career in the English Super League, where he was crowned Man of Steel for his time with St Helens in 2018.
"I can't see a time at anytime in the future that he'll be welcomed back", Greenberg said of the 2012 Dally M victor, who moved to the Cowboys this season but was sacked before he ever played for them.
The 2012 Dally M victor and 2016 premiership victor Barba had already been sacked by North Queensland after the Australia Day weekend incident which is under police investigation.
"It's time for Ben Barba to find a new vocation".
"In the jurisdiction that I uphold there's no place for him".
"If we see and can confirm violence against women from our players, we will act int he strongest of terms".
PSG suffer their first Ligue 1 defeat of season
He began his professional career with Lyon, before spells with Marseille and three and a half seasons with Newcastle. Thomas Tuchel's side took the lead through Angel Di Maria, who fired past Anthony Lopes in the seventh minute.
The North Queensland recruit and one-time Dally M Medal victor is facing a life ban from the NRL, a move that would also be supported by the English Super League, effectively ending his rugby league career at the age of 29.
Barba's behaviour and several other off-season incidents in the NRL will be discussed at a meeting of the ARL Commission in Sydney this Wednesday.
Super League has slammed the door shut on reigning Man of Steel Ben Barba, who has been deregistered by Australia's National Rugby League.
But after Super League proved to be Barba's saving grace on that occasion, it seems that will not be an option this time around leaving him with no future in the sport.
He was stood down by the Bulldogs to seek help for alcohol and gambling issues, amid rumours of a domestic violence incident. He was suspended for 12 weeks when he recorded his second illicit drugs strike after the Sharks' premiership celebrations.
Speaking of his decision on Tuesday, Greenberg said: "This is an enormous outcome because this is a guy that now loses his livelihood and career in the game".
We're not asking you to play, it's a privilege.