Texas Man Dies After Vape Pen Explodes

Adjust Comment Print

A man who was using a vape pen for the first time died after it exploded in his face and severed his carotid artery.

William Brown, from Fort Worth in Texas, was using the device in the auto park outside a vaping shop in the nearby town of Keller on January 27, when it exploded.

Texas man William Brown dies after vape pen explodes, severing his left carotid artery.

The incident happened last Sunday in a Fort Worth parking lot when 24-year-old William Eric Brown went to the store to buy some vaping supplies.

Brown was sitting in his auto in front of a vape supply store on the 4500 block of Golden Triangle when his pen exploded, Alice Brown said.

Brown was rushed to the hospital where he was put into a medically induced coma.

She said the next she heard of him was in a phone call from the hospital, and she was reportedly told he had suffered a stroke after the explosion and was experiencing bleeding on the brain.

His grandmother, Alice Brown, told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that her grandson, who was an electrician, was about to celebrate his birthday in two weeks.

Читайте также: Le PSG fait craquer Villefranche en prolongations

She didn't understand why doctors didn't operate right away.

Brown's grandmother said county investigators told her the device's battery was the issue.

JPS said it couldn't discuss specifics due to privacy laws, but added in a statement that, "We hold ourselves to the highest standards in providing high-quality healthcare and will take family concerns seriously as we review all that transpired".

The agency reported that e-cigarettes present a unique hazard because of the presence of a lithium-ion battery in a device used so close to the face. The liquid usually contains nicotine and can have flavoring, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The study said there were likely more injuries that went unreported.

A FEMA report published in 2017 listed 195 incidents of explosions or fires caused by e-cigarettes between January 2009 and December 2016.

William Brown died two days after the January 27 explosion, which sent shrapnel into his neck and skull.

Mohamad Zayid Abdihdy was checking out a TV when his e-cigarette exploded in his trousers pocket.

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог

Comments