Jarryd Hayne to plead not guilty to alleged sexual assault

Adjust Comment Print

Hayne, who spent a season with the San Francisco 49ers in the NFL before returning to rugby league via a brief stint with Fiji's rugby sevens squad in 2016, was charged last month over the alleged sexual assault of a 26-year-old woman in Newcastle on September 30, the night of the NRL final between Sydney Roosters and Melbourne Storm.

The court papers allege Hayne "did have sexual intercourse. without her consent and knowing she was not consenting to the sexual intercourse in circumstances of aggravation, to wit at the time of the offence Jarryd Lee Hayne did recklessly inflict actual bodily harm on the said 26-year-old female".

The group was bundled into a waiting auto which took off without his manager, Wayne Beavis.

The 30-year-old former rugby league global appeared on Monday in Burwood Local Court and had his case adjourned to February 13 in Newcastle Local Court, north of Sydney.

The case has been adjourned to February 13 at Newcastle Local Court.

Nicki Minaj is dating a registered sex offender and convicted murderer
Nicki Minaj's sex offender boyfriend was busted for blowing a stop sign in an unlicensed auto in Nassau County. In the picture, Minaj is seen with her left leg wrapped around Petty as he cradles the backside of her thigh.

"Mr Hayne maintains his innocence, a plea of not guilty will be entered", lawyer Leo Premutico told reporters outside court.

Earlier, Hayne arrived at court to a blaze of media cameras.

The former Eels star is out of contract and is now on strict bail conditions, which include surrendering his passport, staying away from the complainant, and checking into Ryde Police Station every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Wearing a grey suit, blue tie, white shirt and Rayban sunglasses, Hayne stepped from a auto outside the front of the court and went through a security check before disappearing into a consultation room.

The woman claims she first reported the alleged incident to the NRL, which subsequently referred the matter to police.