'Hot Water Challenge' leaves Indiana teen severely burned

Adjust Comment Print

While the teen was sleeping, his friend reportedly dumped boiling water on him, causing serious burns on his back, chest and face.

The Hot Water Challenge, which has been around for years, claimed a new victim in a 15-year-old teenager from Indiana.

"And then I looked down at my chest".

Kyland says last week he and friend were watching hot water challenge videos on Youtube. "And then, like, I looked down at my chest, and my skin just fell off my chest, and then I went and I looked in a mirror and then I had skin falling off right here and on my face".

This hashtag means we should think about what is happening to the coral reefs like the rising water temperature So!We suggest a hot Water bucket challenge.

Authorities are warning against a new internet prank and challenge that urges people to throw water on friends or drink boiling water themselves.

Froome abdicates Tour crown to Sky teammate Thomas
The riders started on a motorsport-style grid as the organisers hoped to disrupt the organisation of the leading teams. No, but the first attack of Roglic , I saw that Froome was in difficulty, but I didn't know if it was a bluff or not.

An 8-year-old Florida girl died last August after drinking boiling water through a straw and an 11-year-old Bronx girl was rushed to the hospital suffering from severe second-degree burns after a friend poured boiling water on her at a slumber party. He was confined in the hospital for a week as he received treatment. One of the boys at the sleepover heated up water in the microwave and poured it on Nickolas Conrad's neck, his mother told KARK.

"To see my baby, all burnt up like that, it was heart-breaking", she said.

Doctors at Indiana University Health told FOX 59 they're seeing more prank-related injuries in the emergency room.

"If you hear them talking about challenges, I don't care what type of challenge it is, let them know that it's not a good idea", she said.

Bartkus told the local news station that people can sustain "permanent disfigurement" from the burns that result from the scalding water, and even death. "When I came to my senses, the water got hot and I just got up and ripped my shirt off", Kyland said. "My son could have died", Andrea Clark said.

Comments